Fires are most dangerous and critical disasters that can happen in our home, and most of the time they are escapable.
One thing some homeowners may not apprehend that most electrical fires start in the bedroom. It’s a major responsibility of being a homeowner to do safety and protect the home and family. Mostly deaths that occurs in result of house fire happen which started from the bedroom. Fires can start suddenly and spread quickly, damaging your home.
This is the main reason to keep focus on it and do preventative actions and forming a fire escape plan.
Here are following caution to prevent fires in home.
- Cover all electrical outlets especially if you have children, prevent them from spiking far-off objects in the outlet.
- Always place charging phones, laptops, and other electronic devices on a hard surface, never leave them on your bed or carpet.
- Do not put the electrical cords running under the bed or carpet, or pinned between furniture and the wall.
- Make sure electrical cords are untied or untangled and have space around them for the heat to dissipate.
- Keep items that can catch on fire at least three feet away from anything that gets hot, such as space heaters.
- Use heaters with caution. You should never leave them running while sleeping.
- Never smoke in bed. It is extremely dangerous, if you will fall in asleep with a lit cigarette. It may makes fire on bed.
- Electricity together with flammable substances can create severe fire and damages, so always avoid leaving flammable substances near switches.
- Install smoke detectors in every room of your house and test them monthly to make sure they are working.
Follow Your Escape Plan!
- Ensure that all household members know two ways to escape from every room of your home.
- Make sure everyone knows where to meet outside in case of fire.
By following these simple fire prevention tips, you can keep your home safe and reduce your risk of deadly house fires.
If your home requires inspection, please get in touch and one of our qualified team members will help you to resolve your issue as quickly as possible.
Protect your family and your home.