• Emergency Service Available

    (773) 721-1111

Outdated or Poor Wiring

There are most common electrical threats found in our homes, let see how we can handle and remove these hazards?

  • If the wiring in your home is 30 years or older, have it inspected annually.
  • Leaving Appliances Plugged-in Near Water Sources; if a plugged-in appliance gets wet, don’t unplug it.
  • Wrong Wattage Light Bulbs; if you need a stronger light, purchase a lamp that uses a higher wattage bulb
  • Overloaded Power Strips and Outlets; plugging two or more power strips together can also result in overload.
  • Unprotected Electrical Outlets; Young children tend to be curious about electrical outlets, which can present a serious danger.
  • Improper Use of Extension Cords; if you’re using the extension cord outside, buy one designed to withstand the elements.
  • Operating an Unsafe Appliance; to avoid an electrical fire, shock, burn, or other injury, don’t use faulty appliances.

Call an electrician immediately if the lights in your home dim or flicker without explanation, breakers repeatedly trip, or outlets feel warm or spark. These are signs you may need to repair the wiring in your house. Check your home’s wiring every few years so you know if any need to be repaired or replaced.

To improve your home’s safety use these tips to identify the electrical hazards.

For Leaving Appliances Plugged-in Near Water Sources; first to turn off the power source to the outlet the appliance is plugged into. If a plugged-in appliance gets wet, don’t unplug it. After unplug the appliance call an electrician for safety.
Remember, first off, always unplug appliances when they aren’t in use to help reduce risks of shock.
If Wrong Wattage Light Bulbs are in your home; then replace them with stronger. Using a light bulb with a higher wattage than the lamp can safely accommodate may overload the lamp’s wiring, which can cause a fire. If you need a stronger light, purchase a lamp that uses a higher wattage bulb.
Take steps to help avoid this risk by using a light bulb with wattage that’s less than or equal to the maximum wattage printed on the lamp’s plug.

For Overloaded Power Strips and Outlets; both the power strips and outlets are designed to handle a certain amount of electricity. There is another dangerous practice is plugging adapters into the power strip to increase the number of devices it can accommodate. Plugging two or more power strips together can also result in overload.
If you use power strips in your home, choose models that include a circuit breaker. If the power strip becomes too hot or overloaded, the breaker will trip, minimizing the risk of a fire. Plugging several high voltage devices into a power strip can overload the strip or the outlet.
For Unprotected Electrical Outlets; protect young children from these risks by using plastic closures to cover any outlet they can reach. As young children tend to be curious about electrical outlets, which can present a serious danger. If they put their finger or an object into the outlet they can be burned or shocked.

For Improper Use of Extension Cords; don’t overload the cord by plugging in multiple heavy-duty appliances and avoid running the extension cord under a rug or other surface. If you find you’re constantly using an extension cord to provide power to a specific area of your home, install additional electrical outlets instead, otherwise in result you will be in harmful situation.

For Operating an Unsafe Appliance; if an appliance starts to malfunction while in use, go to the main electrical panel in your home and cut off the power to where the appliance is plugged in. Unplug the appliance and either recycle it or get it professionally repaired. Be cautious of buying used appliances, as you can’t be sure of their safety, and never use an appliance that was recalled.
Whether it’s a toaster that smokes or a clothes dryer that constantly trips a circuit breaker, malfunctioning appliances are unsafe. To avoid an electrical fire, shock, burn, or other injury, don’t use faulty appliances.

24/7
Call Now Button
Google Rating
4.7
Based on 93 reviews